Chiropractic is a holistic medical profession that is often concerned with the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions which often heavily relates to the spine. Special consideration is directed to the orthopedic and neurological components of the physical examination, incorporating direct assessment of articular soft tissues and joint play in order to determine whether the patient is a candidate for manual therapies. It’s a complementary and alternative medicine that involves manual therapies including spinal adjustments/mobilizations, massage, trigger point therapy, acupuncture, traction, activator and many options.
Chiropractic is a health care profession that is increasing year by year in its patient base. Many patients are seeing the profound benefits of chiropractic and are seeking chiropractic as their preferred means of treatment.
In some situations, patients have seen other health professionals and have had no luck in resolving their symptoms and some hear about the major benefits of chiropractic.
The main reasons patients seek chiropractic care include:
- Lingering back pain- Back pain has become the major reason why people tend to seek chiropractic care. Back pain is usually brought on by overexerting oneself in a specific activity or sport or most commonly due to poor posture. Chiropractors are trained in observing these changes in the motor patterns of patients and implementing change as soon as possible to help relieve symptoms in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Persistent neck pain- Much like back pain, neck pain is seen daily in patients, most commonly caused again by postural abnormalities. Jobs involving a sedentary lifestyle and constantly working at desks contribute highly to neck pain as people are constantly looking down at the keyboard and computer screen. Chiropractors assess the severity of the neck injury and perform the necessary treatment to aid in the management of the condition.
- Relaxation- Soft tissue therapy is a technique performed in the majority of chiropractic consultations and can help relieve muscle tension and put the mind at ease. Treating your condition is more often than not going to leave you feeling more relaxed than what you presented to the clinic, as your pain should be relieved to a certain extent.
- Recurrent headaches- Headaches are commonly associated with neck misalignments and more often than not occur in unison of each other. Treatment of headaches involve a lot of soft tissue work around the muscles of the neck and skull to help relieve built up tension.
- Sports related injuries- Behind back and neck pain, sports related injuries are very commonly seen in the chiropractic profession. There is a certain ideology surrounding chiropractic that the profession doesn’t specialise in sport’s related injuries as that’s a physiotherapist’s job; however chiropractors are trained to treat all musculoskeletal conditions much like a physio and have proven to help significantly.
If you have noticed any of the conditions as mentioned above and wish to see a chiropractor, Lakeside Chiropractic is here. Lakeside Chiropractic is north to Perth’s CBD and houses many patients from neighboring suburbs including but not limited to, Caversham, Iluka, Edgewater, Wembley Downs, Mullaloo, Kallaroo, Woodvale, Kingsley and Greenwood. We have HICAPS Facilities available on site for major private health insurers (NIB, HCF, HBF, AHM, HCI and HIF) and are also a part of the Medibank preferred practitioner and BUPA Members first network. If you would like to discuss any concerns, have any enquires or wish to book an appointment; feel free to contact one of our friendly staff on 9300 0095 or visit our website at www.lakesidechiro.com.au.