Getting your Spine Regularly Checked, will it help in the Long Run?
Yes! There have been studies that show that those with continued care after their first appointment have improvements in both pain and functionality. The opposite can be said for those who stop treatment after one session. Stopping treatment after few sessions can result in the pain and dysfunction returning 10 months after the injury first occurred. In order to maintain a long-term benefit from chiropractic treatment it is suggested that patients receive more than the one treatment over a long span of time. It’s recommended that patients get routinely checked at least every three months to prevent the pain from reoccurring.
Chiropractic care focuses on correcting dysfunctions in the musculoskeletal system and providing pain relief. Chiropractors work towards restoring and maintaining normal spinal function, and encourage patients to make the necessary lifestyle choices to achieve this. The work chiropractors do, increase the overall health of patients as they can minimize pain while also providing the necessary information to keep the pain at bay.
There are many benefits to chiropractic including:
- Improve spinal motion and improve your body’s physical function
- Encouraging your body to treat itself naturally
- Treat or prevent the reoccurrence of a certain injury
- Has proven to improve and cure the intensity and frequency of headaches
- It may be used to improve your sleep cycle as it will make you more focussed on sleep as you don’t have to worry about your spinal pain
- Improving your balance and physical wellbeing. Keeping your spine healthy and durable prevents instability of the spine resulting in an injury
- It may boost your immunity.
- It is used in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions throughout the population from infants to the elderly
If you’re wondering if chiropractic treatment is right for your pain or you want to prevent the pain from reoccurring in the future, Lakeside Chiropractic may treat your condition. Lakeside Chiropractic is located in Perth’s northern suburb Joondalup and has visitors from a range of suburbs including Inglewood, Beldon, Mullaloo, Whitfords, Hillarys, Karrinyup, Woodvale, Heathridge and Yanchep. We have HICAPS onsite, so you can claim from your Health Fund on the day of treatment. Health Funds available for claiming include Medibank, HBF, Bupa, CU Health, NIB, Police Health Fund, GMF, SGIO, if yours is not listed please ask. If you would like to schedule in an appointment you can contact us on 93000095 to speak with our trained staff or book online at our website www.lakesidechiro.com.au. We look forward to hearing from you shortly and treating your condition in the quickest time possible.