Acupuncture has been practised for many centuries now and practitioners perform this form of drug free therapy by placing fine sterile needles into tight, contracted muscles or trigger points to restore their proper functioning. Dry needling relieves pain by relaxing these trigger points (tight bands that develop within a muscle) that can occur in chronic and acute cases. The placement of the needles has been proven to stimulate your nerves, muscles and connective tissue.
As acupuncture may not be the first course of treatment for neck and back pain, it is becoming an increasingly popular method used by various health practitioners. A benefit of chiropractic treatment along with dry needling has been noted in many patients that we've treated here Lakeside Chiropractic.
Benefits of Acupuncture and dry needling:
• Very few negative side effects
• Effective combination therapy for health practitioners
• Effective in controlling pain
• Effective alternative for people who do not respond to pain medications
• Effective alternative for those who want a drug-free therapy
Acupuncture and dry needling is used by health practitioners to:
• Release opioid peptides- several studies have relayed significant evidence that acupuncture affects the release of this chemical in the central nervous system, naturally reducing pain
• Alter secretion of neurotransmitters and neurohormones- acupuncture is said to affect the release of these hormones from the hypothalamus and pituitary glands, which studies have shown to also effect the pain sensation.
According studies conducted worldwide, there have been promising findings in using acupuncture to treat chronic lower back pain, especially in clients who have not found relief from traditional methods. Studies have shown that acupuncture provides effective and sustained pain relief, resulting in fewer missed days of work as well as full participation in daily activities. The Clinical Journal of Pain conducted a study which showed that the effects of acupuncture provide positive results of pain relief for over 6 months without the negative side effects of traditional drug treatments.
Here at Lakeside Chiropractic we can use acupuncture and dry needling in conjunction with our chiropractic treatment to relieve you of your migraine/headaches, shoulder, back pain , neck pain, knee pain , elbow pain, bursitis, jaw pain, carpal tunnel syndrome , just to list a few. The acupuncture may relax and loosen your muscles which considerably increase the benefits of the adjustments. If you are experiencing any tightness/tension or pain in your body, our experienced Chiropractors in Joondalup will be able to help you! We are located in Joondalup, central to the northern suburbs.